At Finance for Property Developers Limited we take your privacy seriously.
Finance for Property Developers Limited are Commercial Finance Brokers based in Staffordshire. We act as a credit broker for our customers to source finance solutions on a non-regulated basis. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide credit brokering services under our firm registration number (FRN) 620048.
Information we collect
The information we collect and process will depend on the products or services you wish us to provide to you. We will only collect information that we need to source the funding you require or that we are required to collect to enable us to perform our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations, where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
The information you give us may include historical or current details for example:
- your personal details (ie name, date of birth)
- contact details (ie address, e-mail address, phone number)
- financial information (ie income, bank statements, assets and liabilities, credit status)
- employment information (ie place of work, earnings potential, length of employment)
- personal identification and photographic ID (ie passport, driving licence, copy of utility bills)
- details about property you own (ie current mortgages or loans secured on your property(ies), lease or tenancy agreements)
Information about “other” people
If you provide us with information about “other” people, for example directors, partners, spouse, children, or tenants who are not direct applicants on the loan, you must have the permission of the “other” person or have parental responsibility for that person to provide their information to us.
How we collect your information
You may give us information about you:
- by filling in forms
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or post
- visiting our website or making an enquiry on our website
- responding to survey responses, if you choose to respond to them
- where we may need to obtain up to date information about you to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
We may receive information from third parties:
- credit reference or fraud prevention agencies when we need to carry out background checks for lenders
- if you have given permission for another company to share your information with us for example: accountants, solicitors, estate agents etc.
Why we need the information
We need to know your basic personal data to provide you with an accurate recommendation for your circumstances. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide to lenders or to assist us in providing this service to you.
We are subject to legal, regulatory and professional obligations and as such we need to keep certain records to demonstrate that our services are provided in compliance with those legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
How we use the information we collect
Your personal information and privacy is very important to us and we will only use your personal information in one of several ways to help us provide the funding for you:
- to help make lender suggestions to you
- to process lender applications for you
- where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- for fraud prevention purposes
- for audit purposes
- for credit reference checks
- to keep you updated on progress of your application
- for statistical analysis
If you ask us to use our insurance service, we will pass your details to the insurer.
We will need to share your information with lenders, credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies as part of the application process, depending on the stage of application and lender, financial and regulatory requirements.
Lenders will need to process your information to fulfil their obligations for example to engage and instruct:
- quantity surveyors/monitoring surveyors
- credit service agencies
This is to enable them to process your application and they will also need to meet their legal and regulatory obligations as well as perform the due diligence to reach a decision about the loan application you are making.
We will not disclose your information to any company outside of Finance for Property Developers Limited remit as specified above.
How long we keep your information
We retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided. What this means is different types of data will be kept for different time frames determined by:
- legal obligations for example those applicable in law to retain data for a set period of time (ie financial and tax regulation currently set at 6 years)
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
- requirements of our insurers
When information is no longer required we erase your personal data from our systems.
If at any time you believe retained information is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected and possibly deleted. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer Sue Jonas who will investigate the matter further. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where relevant you have the right to withdraw your consent and object at any time and this means that we cannot process your data provided without your consent.
More information about your rights can be found on the Information Commissioners website. https://ico.org.uk/
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data in a way that is not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) directly.